Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter






This year we went to Garland's annual easter egg hunt. The weather was much better than last year, and the kids had a great time. I was so bothered by the amount of candy that my kids were quickly collecting, in the days before easter, that I decided that the Easter Bunny should bring something healthier this year. Consequently the boys woke up to a trail of nuts and dried fruit, with a fruit drink as their special Easter prize instead of candy. They were absolutely thrilled! They had forgotten all about candy. Phew! They can eat all the fruit and nuts they want. I am so thankful this Easter season for our Savior and his Atoning sacrifice. I have felt so full of gratitude, in the day leading up to Easter. Especially with such a wonderful General Conference. There were so many powerful messages. I enjoyed every bit of it. What a blessing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I wish I would have done that!! My kids DO NOT need anymore candy! I mean "realistically" wouldn't the Easter Bunny bring fruit and nuts? Maybe a little Romaine here and there? After all what bunny eats Peeps?

Chelsea Harshbarger said...

That was a fantastic idea to leave fruits and nuts. Much healthier. You look so cute in the pic with you and the boys. I can't wait to see them. Do you realize that we will be there next month. Yeah!

Raegan said...

Good idea for the candy alternatives! It drives me CRAZY when Jack is stuffing himself full of candy! I even think I get rid of it all or hide it and he still manages to come walking by with a treat in his hand... Glad you had a happy Easter!