Saturday, April 5, 2008

ch ch changes

Life is full of them isn't it? Well, mine sure is, and that's ok. In general, I love and welcome it. I'm changing, my kids are changing. It's crazy. First off, my body is changing. I finally gave in and started wearing maternity pants(about a month too late by the way). This is the stage in my pregnancy that I really despise my own body. The way it looks, the way it feels, everything. Well, except for the precious little baby inside. I recently read something on a blog that really struck a chord with me. " I did it because I loved you more than myself". That definitely puts things into perspective doesn't it? Thanks Katie K. It's true. Beautiful little babies are always worth it. I can't think of anything in my life that matters more to me than my children. Speaking of- they are changing too. Arie is 3 1/2 already. Well, he thinks he's about 7. He's my little professor. He is constantly amazing me with the things he comprehends. What a busy little man. He has learned to write an "A". He is finally out of diapers. This has been about a 2 year process. He has been in underwear during the day for quite some time, but #2 and nighttime have been a challenge. I finally bribed him with a new bike and it seems to be working. He is so curious(and mischievous). Always getting into things and dragging someone else into it with him(Tess). Arie is constantly pretending. Morning till night. I miss having an imagination like that. Tate has changed the most. He is huge. He started walking about a month ago and we all know how that changes everything. Talk about busy. He is so content though. Unless you try to stop him from doing what he wants. He eats like a bear going into hibernation. He kind of looks like a little grizzly bear too. Makes sense. Seriously, I think he eats as much as a grown person. It's great. I'll take it. He loves to give me hugs and kisses. He is super sweet. He can say mama, dada, grandpa (baba), grandma (ama), Arie (awa), birdies (peep, peep, peep), love you (la la), and of course "wassat". Beyond all that he will be 1 in a couple of days. I absolutely cannot believe how quickly that came. He didn't stay small for very long. Life is constantly changing for all of us and that's what makes it so wonderful. Sorry for the long post. I'll post about Tate's birthday on Tuesday. Till then.

4 comments:

Raegan said...

Cassie! I'm so glad you did another post. I check often! I hope everything is going well. I miss you! I hope I get to see the new little baby when he's here. Any names picked out? I can't believe Tate is walking! He was still a baby when I saw him! Love you lots and thinking about you tons! Raegan

Megan said...

Awww. I'm going to sound like a stalker, but every time you post I just want to come out and see you. We miss you so much! And Happy Birthday Tater! We love you guys!

Katie C Kirkham said...

AWWWW! I loved it! I am so happy for all your changes and I am happy to hear the boys are doing well. I hope we see you soon!

Love Katie

JeriAnn said...

Happy Birthday Tate! I can't wait to see some pictures of the party. It makes me sad to think that I hardly know the little guy. I miss you tons and hope you're feeling good!