Monday, September 17, 2007

What a blessing

Last Sunday Tate was blessed by his dad. It was a very exciting day for all of us. Trav has worked very hard for this day. Tate was happy as usual and didn't even make a peep. He probably thought it was a fun new game or something. The blessing itself was beautiful. I might be a little biased, but hey. Tate looked so cute in his little white outfit. I got the largest one I could find and it still barely fit. I spent a lot of time thinking about family that day and how important it is. I feel very fortunate to be surrounded by such wonderful people. We get so much support from our families and it has made all the difference in the world. In my family, we are all so much alike, but so different at the same time. I love that about us. Trav's family is always wonderful. I have a mother-in-law that is without a doubt a true friend. She is one of the best people in my life, and has definitely kept me sane more than a few times. I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing right now than being a wife and a mother. Well, things have really cooled down here in Cache Valley. I am so excited for fall. I caught myself daydreaming about Christmas decorations the other day. It's not even Halloween yet. Believe it or not I recently went to a store that already had Christmas wrapping paper out! Not cool. It's my turn to teach in Relief Society on Sunday, so the stress begins. I think I make myself sick every time I have to teach, but it seems to turn out alright each time. I have definitely learned a lot. I am teaching from the talk from conference called " It's true isn't it; Then what else matters?" Any thoughts or comments about this would be greatly appreciated. I could use all the help I could get.

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

What a special day! You're little guy looks very handsome, and you have such a cute family.
It's cooled off here too. I love this time of year. Hopefully the sun will show itself a little around here.
Good luck with teaching next week. Sorry I have no input, but I know you'll do great!

ps can you believe kim had her baby...what a lucky (and tough) dog!

Love & miss you guys! JEri

Jeremy & Andrea said...

cassie,
i'm so excited for you and your sweet little family. it's so great to see where you all are at. Just so you know the talk you are teaching was my favorite by far i'm sure it will teach itself. well i'm glad to know where i can get little updates on your fam isn't this blog thing great! well good luck with the cache valley autumns, i must admit i'm a little jealous there's just something about cache valley in fall. well we'll keep in touch.
andrea