Ya know...sometimes you have one of those days where you wonder, "What in the @*!! was I thinking when I had 3 kids in less than 4 years?". Yesterday, I had one of "those" days. Tate randomly (as always) threw up all over the carpet. After he was done puking, I put him in the tub to wash him and he decided to take a dump in there. So, I took him out so I could scrub the tub, and he pukes again; all over the bathroom. I finally got him and the bathroom all clean and the rest of the afternoon was pretty quiet. Somehow, though, every time I fed Tate he decided to throw it all over the kitchen. Cereal, cottage cheese, etc.. He also likes the ice and water dispenser on the fridge! Later that night, after I cleaned up all the cottage cheese, he puked again. So, I bathed him again. After an entire day of laundry, I had it all folded neatly and ready to put away. Tate decided to throw it all on the floor, and he did. (About 5 loads worth) That was the last straw. I angrily put everyone to bed, including myself. Today however was a different kind of day. It was a perfect kite flying day, so that is just what we did. Grandma Gina came over and we had a great time with our $2 kites from Kings. Arie was so happy. I could see it all over his face. He was having the time of his life. Tate was running around and laughing so hard. He was happy too. I woke up so tired and discouraged today, and I didn't feel like doing anything. Thank you Grandma Gina for always keeping things so calm. You always know how to turn things around again. I love, more than anything, to see my kids happy and enjoying life. It made my horrible day, yesterday, so worth it. Every bit. I love you, my boys. You are my life. You are everything to me. Even when life feels hard, I know I have everything a person could hope for. Love. So, much of it. Thank you, Arie, Tate, and Finn, for being so forgiving, loyal, and loving. I learn more from you 3 than anything else in life. I love you.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, That's pretty amazing. That's when you just need to pull out the hose and spray everything and everyone down. I am glad that things got better for you. Next time you should call me and tell me that you're ready for another girls night out and I'll set it up:)
I'm surprised that your brains just didn't fall out on the floor with the rest of the laundry. I sure admire your strength Cass. I can't imagine doing it alone (in a manner of speaking). You are truly courageous and don't loose your admirable determination. It is what makes you great. Your dedication to your kids is to be desired among many.
I second what Chelsea said. I think about you everyday and after reading that post I wanted to get on a plane right now and come see you...you are amazing.
I also second the "spraying it down with hose". hahaha.
I'm sorry about vomit and poop in the tub. Those are two things that Jack seemed to be VERY good at. I'm glad you had a redeeming day! Love 'ya
I hate the throw up days! AAAHHHHH I love when they are old enough to throw up in a bowl. Thanks goodness for Grandmas!
You're my inspiration! My kids think I'm the meanest mommy because I made them go to bed without brushing their teeth tonight. What can I say...I'm exhausted.
Post a Comment